Thursday, July 24, 2008

Baking Dog Biscuits: A Family Affair

Baking the whole family can do!!! These are the requirements for the Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits:

2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup skim milk

Preheat oven to 375 degreesIn a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk. Add wet mixture to dry, and mix well. Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll out to 1/4-inch thick and cut out shapes. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool on a rack and then store in an airtight container. Makes 30 large dog treats.


I swapped skim milk for soy. I also didn't use a cookie cutter because I don't have any. I handshapped these and I think they turned out well.


Tada! Now you have healthy, homemade treats for your favorite companion. My dog offered to taste test each one...just to make sure they were safe to eat. Thanks for your help, Bob.








No comments: